Amarnath yatra is that the most revered pilgrim’s journey in Hinduism, one which every Hindu aspires to start once in his lifetime.
This religious Yatra is organized once a year to the nice Himalayas, by the govt. of Jammu and Kashmir. The Amarnath tour is attended by thousands of domestic and international devotees.
Interestingly, the main cave temple site is located at a height of 12,756 feet from the sea level and is around 141 km away from the state’s capital city, Srinagar. Though the Yatra is physically taxing, pilgrims put in a lot of effort to complete the holy tour of the scenic Amarnath cave.
Children below 13 years aged and adults higher than 75 years aged isn’t allowed, and pregnant ladies also are not advised to require this journey. Considering this trek is one of the most challenging tasks, a health certificate has to provided by each individual.
Essential Documentation for Amarnath Yatra
Complete and proper documentation is a must before going to the yatra. It is important to register for the Yatra before devotees head for Amarnath. To get registered for holy sojourn:
1. Take your medical fitness certificate from a doctor authorized by SASB (Amarnath Shrine Board), which certifies you are fit for the physically arduous Yatra.
2. Essential documents you will need during the Yatra include (but not limited to) Voter ID, Driving License, Passport, etc for your identity.
Important Tips for Amarnath Yatra
- Achieve physical fitness a month before the Yatra. Begin deep respiratory exercise as there’s a lack of oxygen at high altitudes.
- Carry heat and cozy garments throughout the Yatra as temperatures will drop radically.
- Carry a waterproof and torch because it would possibly rain or snow throughout the Yatra.
- Keep some identification document of yourself with you all the time.
- Carry a bottle and a few dry fruits to snack on the journey.
- Keep a moisturizer or a cold cream to safeguard your skin from dry conditions.
- Follow the instructions given by the Yatra administration.
- Carry basic medication along with you.
- Take regular breaks and check out not to exert yourself an excessive quantity of throughout the climb.
How to Reach Amarnath Shrine?
Though both these routes are well connected from all major cities, a higher percentage of pilgrims prefer to begin their journey from Srinagar, a major reason being the easy accessibility of Srinagar airport/railway station/Bus Stand.
From here, one can hire a taxi for Sonmarg or Baltal, which is around 106 km from Srinagar airport. You can even start your journey from Pahalgam, about 92 km from Srinagar. Here are details about how to reach Amarnath.
1. Pilgrimage Yatra From Baltal To Amarnath cave Amarnath via Baltal is the most popular route among Amarnath pilgrims since it is the shortest too. Baltal is barely 14 kilometer from the Cave, which may be lined by road and by chopper.
Helicopter service is especially for pilgrims who are short on time. Indian Holiday’s Helicopter Tour Packages let you save a lot of time and physical effort. The exciting Helicopter ride covers most of the yatra between Nilagrad (Baltal) to Panjtarni and the remaining 6 km distance can be covered by trek with the help of wooden sticks
2. Pilgrimage Yatra From Pahalgam Pahalgam, which was once famous in the Kashmir Valley for its natural beauty, has now turned into a base camp for pilgrims. Pahalgam base camp is just 96 km away from Srinagar and 47 km from the cave site. The first step of the yatra is at Chandanwari, 9,500 feet, around 16 km from the Pahalgam base camp.
The next step is Pissu top, 3 km away, located at 11,000 feet, followed by Shesnag around 9 km from Pissu top that is located at 11,730 feet. The next destination is Panjtarni, almost 12 km away from here, placed at 12,000 feet. Nevertheless
, you can also cover this distance by helicopter or by road.
How to Book For Amarnath Yatra By Helicopter?
Booking for Amarnath yatra by helicopter is not difficult. Because Indian Holiday provides various Tour Packages For Amarnath Yatra by helicopter Or by trek. so just book your tour now and start your pilgrimage yatra to holy Amarnath cave.